What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a form of natural medicine that is based on a belief in vitalism, which guides bodily processes such as metabolism, reproduction, growth, and adaptation. It is the practice of preventing, assessing and treating conditions of the mind and body.
Naturopathic philosophy favors a holistic approach and seeks to find the least invasive measures necessary for symptom improvement or resolution, thus encouraging minimal use of surgery and unnecessary drugs. It can treat and prevent a wide range of medical conditions using herbal medicine and nutrition, such as, digestive problems, immune system support, depression, skin disorders, musculoskeletal disorders and general health and wellbeing.
A Naturopath will help educate, empower and motivate their patient for optimal health and wellbeing.
What health conditions can I treat with Naturopathy?
Naturopathy can assist in a wide range of health concerns and issues. Treatments can assist with acute to chronic pain as well assist with general ongoing health maintenance. Typical problems that can be treated include (but are not limited too):
- Gastrointestinal Problems – IBS, food intolerance,
- Women’s Issues – thrush, period pain, fertility, pregnancy, menopause
- Weight Loss – dietary and lifestyle advice
- General Health – stress management, autoimmune diseases, cholesterol, thyroid imbalance
- Skin Disorders – eczema, dermatitis
- Allergies and Intolerances – hayfever, food, skin
Shannon offers a wide range of naturopathic treatments tailored to your specific problems. These may include:
- Nutrition and dietary advice
- Herbal medicine and supplements
- Physical therapies such as massage and acupressure
- Initial consultation (1 hour) | $85
- Follow-up consultation (30 mins) | $55
Feel free to contact Shannon with any questions or to make an appointment, call (02) 42 295907.